Tuesday 3 June 2014

Visiting Harrogate

Last week I travelled up to North Yorkshire to my boyfriend’s hometown of Harrogate for a little getaway, we stayed at his family home, not far from Harrogate’s town centre, which meant all the sights were pretty much walking distance. I pretty much fell in love with the Yorkshire town instantly, despite the miserable weather, it still looked really pretty.

On the first morning, after painfully dragging myself out of bed after a long and late night of driving the night before, we walked into the town centre for a little look around, popping into their SPACE.NK store on the way to their local park, Valley gardens, for a walk.








We then headed off for a bite to eat, passing Harrogate’s sulphur springs on the way.  My boyfriend decided to take to me to Bettys, Harrogate’s famous tearooms for afternoon tea. The food was so delicious and everything looked so pretty and proper, I was completely in my element. Just before leaving we popped into Bettys shop next door to purchase a few treats. I absolutely love macaroons so I couldn’t resist buying a box to take home with me.






We were still pretty tired from the night before and our early-ish start so after taking my boyfriends dog for a walk around a forest, or in her case to chase squirrels and Sunday dinner with his family, we settled down to a movie and then headed to bed.


The next day after a light lunch, I headed off with my boyfriend and his family to a market town called Knaresborough.  We wondered around the town, stopping for an ice cream on our way to the grounds of Knaresborough castle and took in the beautiful scenery below. We then headed back down the hill, through a garden towards the river. My boyfriend and I then went on a little boat ride up and down the river, he rowed and I steered, needless to say my steering didn’t go well, rowing into trees and other boats, which was a lot of fun.  Afterwards we had a coffee at a boathouse cafĂ© on the waterside of the river and then headed back home.





We spent our last night in Harrogate stuffing our faces in a lovely Thai restaurant in Harrogate town.  And in the morning we reluctantly headed back down south. 

No comments:

Post a Comment