Monday 23 June 2014

Summer wardrobe update



At the beginning of the year, I gave you all an inside into my wardrobe, now its summer and the weather here in England is nice and hot, so obviously I’ve been doing a little bit of shopping, resulting in a few additions to my wardrobe. So I thought I’d do an updated summer version of my wardrobe and show you some of the outfits I’ll be wearing this season.

This summer I’m wearing pastel hues. I own a lot of black so before buying any new clothes, I made a promise with myself to stop buying black and to inject a bit of colour into my wardrobe. Needless to say I found this a little difficult, the majority of items I picked up in shops were black and I found myself having to talk my self out of buying them. 

Last year I fell in love with pastel colours, anything from nail varnish to instagram photos, if its pastel I’m all over it.  So on one of my many visits to Topshop recently I picked up one of their scallop cropped vests in mint green, its one of my favourite items of clothing I own, not only do I love the colour and cropped scallop edge, the light delicate material is perfect for scorching hot days. I like to pair this vest with high waisted blue jeans and shorts but here I’ve paired them with my favourite pair of jeans and most recent purchase; Topshops Moto white and blue tile print Leigh jeans. These jeans are the perfect fit and I love the geometric tile print pattern.  I style this outfit with a silver chain necklace and an assortment of silver midi rings, all H&M, a bracelet from Miss Selfridge, a pair of ray ban style glasses and a summer scarf from John Lewis for chillier days. The sandals are from Topshop last year and the satchel is from Zatchels in pastel blue. 



For days where I am at the beach or just sat reading a book in the garden I want to wear something comfy and casual. I recently visited the H&M store in Whitely; I usually avoid my local store because its way too packed and untidy for me but the whitely store looked really inviting and their displays really inspired me, so much so, that I walked out with a massive bag. I picked up a few tops and accessories as well as a light pink pair of shorts for £7. I could have picked up a pair in each colour and print had they had my size. They fit so well and I love the colour and high waisted cut. These shorts are also so easy to wear and can be paired with cropped tops and shirts. Here I paired them with a white cami from Asos, which came in a pack of two. I find this look really easy to style with jewellery and wear with a bikini.  I’ve styled this outfit with a silver chunky chain necklace (Miss Selfridge) and blue and white striped espadrilles from New Look.



Now I know I said I agreed not to buy anymore black but I made an exception for this patterned cropped cami. As soon as I picked it from the rail in Topshop, I fell in love with it so I was willing to break the rules; at least it isn’t plain black. I love the tropical pattern and wide edged lace trim around the bottom, which creates the look of being cropped but still covers my stomach. While in Topshop I also picked up a pair of high waisted distressed shorts. I’ve teamed them with the cami and a pair of black converses, for a laid back and feminine look. For an evening look the cami can be worn with high-waisted black trousers or skirt.



What are you wearing this summer? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment